Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Conversation with God 4|10|12

LORD: "Do you love Me, Phil?"

Me: "Yes, LORD, of course."

LORD: "Then, will you feed My sheep?"

Me: "Yes, LORD, I would love to."

LORD: "Then, will you tend My sheep?"

Me: "Lord, you know that I desire it all. How can I tend Your sheep?"

LORD: "Always hold close to Me and let Me lead - I've chosen you because you do that so well, that is humility, and that is why I've been speaking that in your life - that you will learn to lean on Me, lean on Me, and keep on leaning. Any glory that you steal, I will take away. You haven't done anything wrong, My Son has covered you for that, you should thank Him, your Brother.
"I am showing you, because you have asked for it, what the life of a humble person is like. Are you willing to be behind the scenes? In the shadows? Are you willing that not a single person will praise you? I will be the One to comfort and you, not man. I will be the One to encourage you.
"I understand your desires, and that you want to surrender your body a living sacrifice. I am just putting you in a time of testing and seasoning. You and I both know that pride destroys and I hate it, and because I love you so much, I'm taking that away. Follow your Brother's footsteps - I've shown you humility."

Me: "Thank You, LORD. How can I know that You are really going to release Your fire to consume me?"

LORD: "Believe and it shall be."

Me: "But what do I believe, LORD?"

LORD: "Trust and obey Me when I say go here and speak this because this fire and power you seek is not for you, but for My sheep."

Me: "Lord, I am willing."

LORD: "No you're not."

Me: "Then make me willing!"

LORD: "Patience, son. I'm doing a great work in you. Trust Me, I know what you need and what you lack. Remember that I am always Faithful and True even when you aren't. That's why I suggest leaning on Me, because I love taking care of you.
"Remember when I told you that My timing is perfect? I really meant it."

Me: "Yes, I need to remember that. I am sorry for forgetting."

LORD: "My true rest is given to those who come to Me; those who come to Me for anything. There is a promise of My rest for you, Phil, if you can believe that I can take care of things and that I am a lot better at handling than you are."

Me: "Thank You, all I ask is that You would take all pride and that it would never come and return."


"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."
-Proverbs 13:12

1 comment:

  1. I like the "learn to lean on Me, lean on Me and keep on leaning." Live there and listen for His heartbeat, and as you lean on Him ... resting in His strength ... your heartbeat will match His.

    ReplyDelete