Monday, January 30, 2012

Longing

I came upon the long-lost tune "Love Theme" by Romeo and Juliet (André Rieu version). What a deep sense of longing I felt when I heard the tune again. Something about this tune really connects with my heart that I literally am put in a position to long for or yearn for Someone.

I MISS Him
I LONG for Him
I YEARN for Him
My heart is in ANGUISH without Him

Never have I felt such a longing for Him. I only want it to increase. I must know the fullness of His love. I must feel the power of His love. If I am able to desire such as I do now, how great His desire! His passion for me. His longing for me. His never-ending jealousy for me. What a Lover He is! Surely, there is none more romantic!

"Have me! Have all of me! Be NEAR me! Hold me close. I am incomplete without You! When will I get to see Your face? When will I feel that glorious embrace? How long, O Lord, till I see You? HOW MUCH LONGER UNTIL I'LL BE WITH YOU?"

"By night on my bed, I sought the one I love; I sought him, but did not find him. 'I will rise now,' I said, 'and go about the city; in the streets and in the squares I will seek the one I love.' I sought him but did not find him. The watchmen who go about the city found me. I said, 'Have you seen the one I love?' Scarcely had I passed by them, when I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go, until I had brought him to the house of my mother, and into the chamber of her who conceived me." -Song of Solomon 3:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment